FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

advice needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
joni31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: advice needed
    Posted: May 26 2015 at 8:52am
I haven't been here for a few months, but I am in need of advice. I was stage 1 mostly dcis, grade 3, 2 cm with 1 cm satellite, 3neg. Lumpectomy, reexcision with SNB. NO chemo. 33 rads finished Dec 19th 2014.
My delima...I have found a marble sized hard lump in my groin area next to the pubic bone. It does not hurt at all. So I don't know if it's worth mentioning to a dr or not. My question is WHICH dr would I mention it to? I see BS this Thursday for mammo and 30 second exam lol. And family dr on Friday for CDL physical. I see MO June 9th. Kinda the wrong area of the body for BS. Family dr wouldn't do anything I'm thinking or tell me to see someone else. So do I waite for the MO?   Not asking for diagnosis just WHO do I ask about this?
Thanks for any input.

GOD BLESS
JONI
TubeRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TubeRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2015 at 11:27am
I'd tell all of them. The diagnosis of cancer affects all aspects of your health. They all need updates. :)
Dx 9/10 @ 42, Lt DCIS 1 cm w Microinvasion, (+++), 0/3 Nodes. BRCA 1/2 Neg. Tx Lt UMX with TE (11/10) + Tamoxifen 3 yrs.
Dx 3/15, Rt, ILC, <1cm, Stage IA, (TN), 0/6 Nodes. BRIP1 pos. Tx Rt UMX (5/15)
Kellyless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2015 at 3:38pm
Why would you not tell the first Dr. you have the opportunity to see? Absolutely tell the breast surgeon - he's a surgical Oncologist after all.  If it was me I'd be calling my Medical Oncologist NOW and telling them what you found.  I'm under strict marching orders - even 5+ years out - to call about any body abnormalities that last more than 2 days.  They may want to send you for further tests BEFORE your MO appointment, so give them the chance.  I'd do that NOW, and tell the BS as well. 
Your groin has lymph nodes, you need to know if this is a lymph node and if so why is it so swollen?  If it's not a lymph node then what is it?  It's important to get answers.  For your peace of mind if nothing else! 
IDC, 2.2 cm, Stage IIb,lumpectomy 1/30/09 ACx4,Tx4 36 rads
6/1/16 Local recurrence same breast, same spot 1.8cm Carb.4x every 3 wks, Taxol 12x once wk. Dbl Mast. PCR!! Reconstruction fail, NED!
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2015 at 3:44pm

Hi Joni,   Hopefully this is something other than cancer. Since you already have an appointment this Thursday tell your BS and he can schedule a biopsy if need be as soon as possible. You can also let the Oncs know in the meantime and cover all the bases.

I will keep you in my prayers that this is not serious.

Love, Annie
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2015 at 7:13pm
Joni,

I agree with the others, tell all of them.  Start with your BS on Thursday, then bring it up to each doctor for them to look at.  Anything abnormal should be brought to their attention.  Please keep us posted on what you find out.  

Donna
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

joni31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2015 at 7:23pm
Well I didn't say anything at the appt with the BS. We had waited so long and I was ready to get out of there. I did have a clear mammo and exam! I did ask my family dr today and it is a lymph node
He did a white blood count and they called and said it was ok. So guess I'm making mountains out of mole hills again. They said to keep an eye on it and let them know if it changes any more.
Thanks for all the advice. You are all the greatest!

Joni
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2015 at 7:31pm

Joni,     Good News!

Thank You for letting us know.

Take care.   Love, Annie
Annie TNBC Stage IIA Gr 3 1cm lesion 2/5 lymph nodes+ lumpectomy,FEC & D 30Rads finished(08/2009) BRCA- Chronic Cellulitis due to Radiation-- L.Mastectomy Jan 2012
joni31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2015 at 4:16pm
Wanted to share with you all that I did ask the onc about the lump. He said lymph node also but don't worry about it. If it gets bigger or starts to hurt they would put me on antibiotics. So I'm not gonna worry and live life. I have the Great Physician on my side so who can ask for more. Wanted to thank you ALL for all the support, encouragement, friendship, and prayers. You are all a wonderful group of people. You are doing wonder work here for so many. May God richly bless you all.

with much love and appreciation,
Joni
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic