Go To Main TNBC Website

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Actual Article by Kim Brylow?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mysishastnbc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysishastnbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Actual Article by Kim Brylow?
    Posted: Dec 29 2010 at 2:25pm
From TNBC News: Everlast's 'What Do You Fight For?' Campaign
September 2010 - CNBC
Two Time Survivor of Triple Negative Breast Cancer Named Champion of Everlast's 'What Do You Fight For?' Campaign
Read the article
Read the press release

Was anyone able to access the article showing what Kim actually wrote? I can access the "news articles" telling she won, but was needing some encouragement for my sis with tnbc, some positive articles and was hoping to click on "read the article" above but it states Page Not Found.
Here is a news clip:
NEW YORK, Sept 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ — Everlast, the premier fight sports and fitness brand in the world, today announced Kim Brylow as the winner of their global ‘What Do You Fight For?’ philanthropic social movement and contest. For her brave story of twice fighting and overcoming triple negative breast cancer, Kim will receive $5,000, which she is donating to the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation, and a VIP trip for her and one guest to the Sergio Mora – Shane Mosley fight at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA. on September 18th.

Any help is appreciated! And any inspiration at this point, for my sis, age 38, diagnosed in July, still in chemo and emotionally distraught with the fear of it returning, since she has 2 little ones 2 & 5! Please help. I'm doing all I can with offering encouragement, help, but it's not enough. All of your posts are a great help to me and I do forward many that apply to my sister, Tiffany.
Janet
Dx 7/2010 age-38
IDC TNBC, St-IIb, Gr-3, 2.5cm, BRCA-
8/10 MAST left side, and Axillary Dissection 1 of 16 Node+, DD Taxotere,Cytoxin x6 every 2wks - epirubicin x4 + gemzar x8.complete 2/8, rads.
Shelly Rae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelly Rae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2010 at 4:39pm
4/09 age 47 Stage 3a, Gr 3,1 node micro ACx4 Tx4 Rads x 33, done Dec.1,2009 NED
123Donna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2010 at 5:40pm
Anyone know if Kim is a member of this forum?
DX IDC TNBC 6/09 age 49, Stage 1,Grade 3, 1.5cm,0/5Nodes,KI-67 48%,BRCA-,6/09bi-mx, recon, T/C X4(9/09)
11/10 Recur IM node, Gem,Carb,Iniparib 12/10,MRI NED 2/11,IMRT Radsx40,CT NED11/13,MRI NED3/15

mysishastnbc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysishastnbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2010 at 6:45pm

Was this the entire article that won first place, a prize of $5000 donated to tnbc org, or just a clip? Maybe Kim is on here?

I am 43 and already a two-time breast cancer survivor. Both of my cancers were triple negative and very aggressive. It would have been very easy to give up, but I have a son, family and friends who love me and it was not wanting to miss sharing this wonderful life with all of them that kept me in the fight to WIN. I fight for every little girl in this big and wonderful world so that she may never know this disease. Join me and the rest of the KICKIN' CANCER'S A** POSSE and KO breast cancer. Boo this is for you...PEACE!

Dx 7/2010 age-38
IDC TNBC, St-IIb, Gr-3, 2.5cm, BRCA-
8/10 MAST left side, and Axillary Dissection 1 of 16 Node+, DD Taxotere,Cytoxin x6 every 2wks - epirubicin x4 + gemzar x8.complete 2/8, rads.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic